2007-07-21

Secret Garden

As I was browsing in Borders today, I happened to chance upon something that I've been looking for eternity; 'The Ultimate Secret Garden' album.

Secret Garden is a an Irish-Norwegian duo playing New Instrumental Music, also understood by some as Neo-classical music.
It features the Irish violinist Fionnuala Sherry and the Norwegian composer/pianist Rolf Løvland (how do I pronouce this?).

Listening at night really does wonders, especially a hard day's work.

Its alleviating tranquil music literally translates the saying 'music soothes the savage beast.'

The album came with 2 CDs and so far I'm listening to the 1st CD for the 5th time, albeit some repeats on several beautiful tracks which I can't resist listening for the umpteenth time.

A few of notable tracks;

i.Song from a Secret Garden (feat. Youngok Shin)
ii.Nocturne
iii.Heartstrings
iv.Prayer


I haven't gone into the 2nd CD yet, which features its live tracks. Maybe I'll indulge on them tonight.


0 comments:

Post a Comment